Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, 7 August 2012

Back to feeling good again!

Having experienced several weeks of feeling unwell, I am now back to joyful blogging
  & doing lots of reading, mainly outside on our sunny terrace, overlooking the lake ~
 how good is this?   My physcologist also noticed how well I was our past 2 appointments.

            I have also made a major discovery when I watched a Jane Campion NZ film  
     "AN ANGEL AT MY TABLE"  written by NZ author, Janet Frame
 who came from Southland like me, lived in Auckland for a time writing like me,
& had mental illness like me,
(although it has been debated since whether she actually had  mental illness). 
She was unfortunately treated 200 times with shock treatment in NZ
& admitted also in England, but kept on writing!  Incredible!
She also won every eligible literary prize in NZ, civil honours
& honorary doctorates &  medals.  Also incredible!

I was keen to read her book, so had a copy sent from England.  
Strange that I should be sitting in Australia, ordering a book from England,
that was written in NZ!
How I did not learn of Janet Frame years before when I was living in NZ
completely escapes me!   I thoroughly enjoyed the read & am off to our local Library to get copies of Janet's various other books that I hadn't realised she had also written, including poetry & a children's book (about 20 books in all). 
It is rather strange we weren't made to read some of them at school.  I certainly cannot remember being introduced to any.
(Janet lived from 1924 to 2004).
Would love to have corresponded with her, but tonight I've been pleased to find a BLOG (by her neice, I think) so have become a Follower.





Continuing the creation of AllisonWonderland'z saga...

No comments: